This course will teach you how to use principles to counter basic locks and throws.
The topics include:
- Countering an outer wrist lock (Omote Gyaku/Kote Gaeshi)
- Countering a base wrist lock (Hon Gyaku)
- Feeling vs. Thinking when countering
- Countering a downward arm bar (Ikkyo)
- Countering a rear trip (Osoto Gake)
- Countering a shoulder lock (Musha Dori)
- Countering a shoulder break (Oni Kudaki)
- Countering a Goose Neck wrist lock
*The course videos were recorded with a new camera and microphone. There are a few spots with blurry video but still able to see what is happening.
Michael is the Owner of Warrior’s Edge Martial Arts; Head of Banzenkan Aiki Ninjutsu
- Over 40 years training in the martial arts
- 7th Degree Black Belt in Banzenkan Aiki Ninjutsu
- 3rd Degree Black Belt in To-Shin Do – Former Senior Instructor in Stephen K. Hayes’ Quest Organization
- 1st Degree Black Belt Aikido
- Awarded title of Kan-cho, “Head of the Organization” for the Jizaikan in 2008
- Formed the Banzenkan “Organization of Perfection and Flawlessness” in 2011
- Graduate of ESI (Executive Security International). One of the top rated bodyguard schools in the US.
- Served as a member of an elite executive protection detail and as an in-house SWAT team member at a nuclear facility
- Former United States Marine Corps Security Force Team Member and Marksmanship Instructor
- Developed S.A.F.E. (Safety Awareness Fundamental Education) self-defense program for middle school, high school and college students as well as professionals in law enforcement, and security fields.
StartCountering Outer Wrist Locks - Omote Gyaku (10:49)
StartCountering A Base Wrist Lock - Hon Gyaku (1:37)
StartFeeling vs Thinking (2:04)
StartCountering A Downward Arm Bar - Ikkyo (6:13)
StartCountering A Rear Trip - Osoto Gake (2:40)
StartCountering A Shoulder Lock - Musha Dori (5:03)
StartCountering A Shoulder Break - Oni Kudaki (3:31)
StartCountering A Goose Neck Wrist Lock (3:14)